Kidney Stone.

10 Aug

Photo (2)

Last Thursday morning, I woke up with a slight dull pain on the left side of my stomach. I thought I had stomach ache so I sat on the toilet bowl and it took me quite awhile to realise nothing was coming out. I thought it might be a food poisoning so I grab my keys, changed and drove myself to the clinic. 

By the time I arrived at the clinic, the pain became more severe and it was throbbing. It got so intense, I had to lie down on the row of chairs while I moan and groan quietly to myself. Fortunately, there was no one at the clinic. Then the nurse called me in to see the doctor and by that time, I was sweating from all the pain and slight contraction going on in there.

The doctor suspected kidney stones but couldn’t give me the painkiller injection until my urine was examined. So I mustered every ounce of energy left in me and took the little plastic cup and went to the toilet and issued a tiny bit of urine. By that time, the pain was at its peak. When the doctor examined the urine, she said there is a trace amount of blood and it should be kidney stone. She muttered the name of the painkiller and she jabbed in the butt. 

But there was no relief after that. So she said that I had to be sent to the hospital. She smartly asked for my phone and I gave her. Then she asked me who to call. I only managed to whisper hoarsely, “Paul or my dad.”  Before I knew it, a series of phone calls was made and Paul arrived with Jace. They brought me into the car and I was driven to the hospital. 


By then, I was screaming in pain as if I was going through labour pain. Paul just asked me to concentrate on breathing. Somehow, I managed to follow what he said and was suddenly conscious of the fuss I am making. So, I kept quiet and thought of some virtuous thoughts (of taking the pain of obstacles of Kechara. Very YSH! I know.) and the pain didn’t lessen in intensity but seemed to be distant. 

I arrived at the hospital and they gave me a big jab in the butt and took me for CT scans. Here are some of the scans taken by Paul. The little white dot in the center is the stone, apparent 3-4 cm in diameter that was causing all that pain.

Well, the pain is gone and I am still taking some urinal alkalizers and diuretics to hopefully dissolve the stone so I can pee it out. Well, I have no pain but the stone doesn’t seem to be out yet. Wish me luck! 

Photo (1)

3 Responses to “Kidney Stone.”

  1. Anonymous F August 13, 2011 at 4:46 pm #

    It’s quite surprising to read your news about kidney stones. I wish you well and hope you get better soon. I’ll pray that you will recuperate soon.

  2. Michael August 14, 2011 at 12:49 am #

    Get well will come out and you shall see it either as flakes of salt or tiny little stones one at a time..also bloody urine..I am facing the same situation now..

  3. dissolve kidney stones October 6, 2011 at 3:41 pm #

    I had an episode of kidney stone pain about 18 months ago, so I understand what the pain is like. Scans showed a 5mm kidney stone on its way down to my bladder with 3 more stones just waiting, in the wings, to cause more pain. I drink a glass of freshly squeezed lemon juice, diluted with water, every day. Also, try making fresh lemonade and have a glass every day. Must be home made, none of the stuff you buy in the shops. Hope you are feeling better. Great post.

Leave a Reply